ELECT Training is the business name of the partnership between Danielle Lyons and Paul Mehlman.
I, Danielle Lyons, am the Data Controller and Processor of ELECT Training.
The basis on which I keep student data is that of “Legitimate Interests.” This means that it is data that is necessary for me to fulfill the contract we have together (to provide counseling training) and this is data that you would reasonably expect me to hold and use.
For those who enquire about training, the data I hold includes any information you have sent me.
Data is held:
- On email systems which are password protected
- Filed in locked cupboards
Your data is kept no longer than necessary. After this time any paper records are shredded and computer records permanently deleted.
If there is any breach of data security, the Information Commissioners Office will be informed within 72 hours of the breach and action taken to minimise any possible impact.
Data is not shared with anyone but some of the information you have supplied on your application form may be used by:
- CPCAB (the awarding organisation associated with your course) in carrying out its functions when verifying your Unique Learner Number and uploading your achievement data (if any) to your Personal Learning Record… and thereby fulfilling the requirements of the Education and Skills Funding Agency
- The Education and Skills Funding Agency may share your ULN and Personal Learning Record with other education related organisations, Government Departments and public bodies responsible for funding your education
- The Learning Records Service, Ofqual and a court of law under direction
You have the right with regards to the data held:
- The right of access. I will provide all data that I hold on you as soon as I can following a request, within 30 days, unless this is impossible due to illness or holiday
- The right to rectification. If any data I hold is incorrect, inform me and I will amend it accordingly as soon as I can following the request, within 30 days, unless this is impossible
- The right to erasure. If you wish me to erase your data, please inform me and I will delete any computer records and shred any paper records as soon as I can following the request, within 30 days, unless this is impossible
- The right to restrict processing. This would usually be in advance of making any changes to data or before erasure
- The right to object to processing based on legitimate interests, direct marketing, processing for purposes of statistics, automated decision making and profiling (ELECT Training doesn’t engage in automated decision making or profiling)